Subaru Head Gasket Repair & Replacement in Walnut Creek
Welcome to the premier Subaru repair shop in Walnut Creek – Frank’s Auto Service. Among the wide range of Subaru repairs we perform, we also offer Subaru head gasket repair and replacement.
Subaru manufactures great vehicles, unfortunately some older Subaru models can suffer from a blown head gasket. If your Subaru does develop head gasket problems, our Walnut Creek auto repair shop can offer help – we specialize in Subaru repair. Our nationally ASE certified technicians can diagnose and repair a blown head gasket.
Some Subaru models are more prone to head gasket problems, in particular:
- Subaru Legacy (2000 to 2009 models)
- Subaru Impreza (1999 to 2011 models)
- Subaru Baja (2003 to 2006 models)
- Subaru Outback (2000 to 2009 models)
- Subaru Forester (1999 to 2010 models)
If your vehicle model is not on this list, it does mean it will not suffer a blow head gasket, but it considerably lessens probability of head gasket problems.
Here are some common symptoms of a head gasket problem – if you vehicle exhibits any of these, take it to a reputable auto repair shop for a professional inspection:
- Engine oil leak - depending on the oil leak location – may signal a blown head gasket. Never ignore an oil leak – get it inspected by a professional.
- Overheating engine during prolonged drive.
- White exhaust coming out of the tailpipe.
- Smell of Sulphur coming from the coolant reservoir.
What do we do when presented with a potential blown head gasket?
Step 1: Head gasket diagnostics – our nationally ASE certified technicians will use their state-of-the-art tools to test and diagnose your Subaru and to confirm if it has a head gasket problem.
Step 2: If your Subaru does have a blown head gasket, we will provide you with a written estimate of the cost of repairs. Once you authorize repairs, we remove the engine from the vehicle.
Step 3: Engine is disassembled and it is inspected for damage to the internal parts. Additional repairs, beyond the head gasket itself, may be needed.
Step 4: Metal surfaces are cleaned and prepared so the new head gasket can be installed and the heads can be resealed.
Step 5: Engine gets reassembled, reinstalled in the car, and reconnected to the powertrain. Once this process is completed, we turn on the engine and run tests to verify that it functions according to specifications.
Step 6: If the engine passes tests, we take the car for a test drive, to verify that everything works properly under normal operating conditions.
At Frank’s Auto Service we offer superior quality repairs and peace of mind that comes from knowing that your vehicle was tested, serviced and repaired by professionals. When you bring your vehicle to our Walnut Creek auto repair shop, you can expect:
- Free digital vehicle inspection with service or repairs
- Original Equipment (or better) quality parts
- Subaru specialist working on your vehicle.
- Free local shuttle
- 36 months / 36,000 miles nationwide warranty
If your Subaru exhibits any unusual symptoms, bring it to Frank’s Auto Service for a professional inspection. We offer convenient online appointments, or you can call us at the shop to setup an appointment.